Thursday, January 12, 2017

Fredrick

 Meet Fredrick..."My dream has always been to become a teacher, wear a tie and buy food for my family." .
Frederic spends his day in streets.. Selling maandazi. He does this for an old woman (bibi) that he lives with even though they are not related. He complained that he doesn't get paid at all from wat he does.. At least he gets tea, some food at night and a place to sleep on the floor at bibi's house. That's how she pays him. .
.  Fredrick finished class seven and got selected to join a secondary school in Muleba. His father passed away a year ago. The mother is so poor that she could not Afford buying him uniform,shoes or any books. He could not go to school and there was no food at home. Because of hunger, he left his home, came to bukoba town and became a street kid! ..I met fredrick on a Saturday in town.I was sitting in a salon and  saw him several times passing by selling maandazi in a small container.  He looked so down,  sad and was barefooted. I see a lot of kids of his type in town but I felt a big connection with Fred. He said he was hungry and that he cannot go home or get any food until he had sold all his "maandazi" That day I bought all his maandazi which were worth only 3000tsh to let him go home to eat. I kept seeing the boy in town so i decided to make friends with him, studied him and studied his life. .
I had to visit the place he lives in "omkigusha" street but the old woman didn't want to see me or talk to me at all. .
I decided to meet Fredrick  sometimes, talk to him and  discovered that he is a brave boy. If he gets a chance to continue with his studies, he can make a great smart kid!. Me and the "Yes I can" team are looking forward to do a fundraise for Fred and 10 other kids who wants to start school next year. We will get them uniform, shoes and books. Its the least we can do but I believe it will change something in their lives.  looking forward to make this happen! Everything is possible!  #YesICanTanzania #WezeshaNdotoZao

No comments:

Post a Comment