Monday, January 30, 2017

Tausi

Meet "Tausi" ... "Yes I Can" Na mimi naweza.. . .
"Tausi" ...z my friend, a young girl I got to knw, and talked to most of the tyms in Morogoro. I spent tym with her coz she was there to help in whatever works I was doing like washing,cooking,etc. She says she wants to be a teacher when she grows up. I usually smiled with pain when she told me that coz I thought she never went to school since she z always working. I thought she knew nothing bout school. When I was her age, my parents made sure I spend almost all of my day studying,school,tuition in the evening...ahh  I did no houseworks...
.
.
But she is a student too with ambitions. As a girl at home,she has to work to earn money for her family..her grandmother depend on this girl. she fetches water, wash cloths,cooks. At first it was really hard for me to believe she goes to school. I was like.."When does she get time to study?" So one day I saw her coming from school,wearing torn and worn out uniforms and shoes.. Holding a piece of worn out exersize book. But always wearing her bright smile... I asked her..can u really study and do all these works at a time.. She replied.. "Yes I can" sometimes I wanted her to help me with some works like fetching water..I doubted her and said.can u really do this for me? She said.. "Yes I can" like nothing has ever been impossible for her..
.
.
A lot of hard working talented ambitious girls like her..end up with school drop outs,early pregnancies or child labour.. Have you ever imagined how far she could be if she had someone to support her dreams? We r lucky to hav gone to good schools..but most of us are lazy and ungrateful for what we have. This young girl is so ambitious and hardworking. I decided to reach out for her today..by saying this:  Many "Yes I Can" voices.. But poverty z still a big challenge...... Yah sad but true.
.
.
We only see the supported Yes I can voices online and praise them..but deep inside our streets and villages, you will find them.. "Many Yes I Can Voices but Poverty is still a challenge"..😔

No comments:

Post a Comment